Motovlog: First time off roading

Random things I may vlog about, including but not limited to Motovlogging, your results may vary, offer not valid in all states, void where prohibited.
Jarod
Site Admin

Motovlog: First time off roading

Post by Jarod » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:58 pm

I take the DRZ off roading, out some old logging roads and Snowmobile trails, find some cool stuff and pretty views.
I'll be figuring out a helmet mount for my camera soon. Until then the handlebar mount works fairly decent.

foxmiles

Re: Motovlog: First time off roading

Post by foxmiles » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:58 am

Those are some really cool trails. Now I want a bike again. Sadly not for a while though.

No idea what PA is like, but in NY they threw a bit of a fit about Grandpa driving his Saturn out to pick blackberries. Considering they had foot deep ruts in places from the log skidder and log trucks where they had clearcut half the hill I really don't see what he was hurting, but sometimes governments are funny like that. OTOH He did drive by the "No motorized vehicles" sign, which should have given him a hint that they didn't want him driving there.
Digging with a spoon will accomplish more than leaning on a shovel.

Jarod
Site Admin

Re: Motovlog: First time off roading

Post by Jarod » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:46 pm

Yea, you should definetly come down and ride the drz around a bit, its like nothing I've ever ridden. stable on the road at 60 and just as stable on gravel at 60.

We took both bikes down the same roads and icegrl on the gs500 could only go about 5-10mph due to the road tires with nearly slick tread compared to the dualsport tires (they're good tires on the gs500 just they only have the water channel stuff, and its only like 1/4 inch deep)

I've seen some dualsport conversions done on gs500s, when we get new tires for her bike again I may buy a set of dualsport tires that will fit her rims. they'd be about 100 bucks for front and rear vs about 100 for just a rear street tire (my cbr600s rear tire was 170 bucks OUCH)