Motovlog: Relationship stupidity, responsibilitys, etc...

Random things I may vlog about, including but not limited to Motovlogging, your results may vary, offer not valid in all states, void where prohibited.
Jarod
Site Admin

Motovlog: Relationship stupidity, responsibilitys, etc...

Post by Jarod » Tue May 08, 2012 9:23 pm

I talk about people getting into relationships, their epic failure, then jumping into another relationship, failing again and getting all mad and hurt because they did all the same stupid stuff and somehow think it wasn't their fault.

Also how practically nobody wants to deal with responsibility, nobody wants to have to fix their car, do dishes, laundry, etc. but its gotta be done and to get them to do it requires practically yelling at them

foxmiles

Re: Motovlog: Relationship stupidity, responsibilitys, etc..

Post by foxmiles » Wed May 09, 2012 3:02 am

It's the Human way. I've heard and even said "learn from the mistakes of others or repeat them". Yet history is very repetitive, the same situations, only the names and places change. Why expect more from individuals? If we can't learn from others, surely we can learn from our own mistakes? Often that's also "no".

I believe many people just don't think. I notice I think a lot less than I used to, it sometimes results in stupid mistakes. Perhaps I should say don't think about what I should be, I may be eating breakfast, but thinking about what I have to do today to the point I can't remember if I actually ate breakfast or not. We are slowly becoming Vogons. It's like being on autopilot, it usually works, only shows up when something unusual happens. Ever put the milk in the cupboard and the cereal in the fridge? How about the year on a check? It's been 2012 for over 4 months right? What were we thinking? We weren't, that's the problem

There's also the "If you repeat an experiment enough times eventually something unusual will happen" thing. Unfortunately this is better suited to things you can attempt many thousands of times (computer memory glitches, shooting lasers at a flat head screwdriver, stuff like that), rather than more important things like relationships or cornering.

I should keep my mouth shut on the responsibilities for now. I don't want to fix my car. Actually my car is fine, it's the van's leaking fuel tank and the truck's tranny slipping that I don't want to fix. I actually do want to fix them, I just wish they would give me a break. A couple weeks off would be nice, but that's not likely.

I also have dirty dishes, and laundry that need doing and isn't getting done tonight.

Well, there's my $0.02
Digging with a spoon will accomplish more than leaning on a shovel.

Jarod
Site Admin

Post by Jarod » Wed May 09, 2012 2:39 pm

foxmiles wrote:It's the Human way. I've heard and even said "learn from the mistakes of others or repeat them". Yet history is very repetitive, the same situations, only the names and places change. Why expect more from individuals? If we can't learn from others, surely we can learn from our own mistakes? Often that's also "no".

I also have dirty dishes, and laundry that need doing and isn't getting done tonight.

There is several important things though. you live on your own and those things do get done, even if it takes a while for you to get around to it lol.
And if you're hungry you either make something or find a way to get food somehow. if you were hungry and you didnt have food, and nobody you knew had food would you just sit around until someone brought you food? I think you'd probably drive to a store and get food lol

When someone is quite utterly incapable of living on their own because they flat out refuse to do anything more than play video games during the afternoon/evening that's when its a problem lol

Once people move out on their own they are either prepared to deal with chores or they get a reality check in the form of they suddenly have noone to do everything for them.

and as for the whole learning from our failures, yea I know I'm guilty of that too, just seems like at some point we should smarten up and start thinking before we act. I try my best to learn from my mistakes, I dropped the ninja on gravel... so I got a dualsport, now I can do wheelies on gravel no problem.
and relationships, its tough at first, takes a long time to figure out everything...

But some things should be common sense, like what will make a girl uncomfortable around you, 10 minute long hugs are usually unacceptable, rubbing her leg with your foot during a movie... seems like most anyone would know that ain't gonna fly.

I guess you're right. humanity as a whole is getting dumber, we rely so much on technology we can't cope with basic interaction between people, and that directly relates to the whole responsibility thing. if your cell phone said "go do the dishes or you won't receive any text messages for a week" how much do you bet 99% of people would be running for the kitchen?

Its just comical, It may sound kind of like I'm ranting in the video, and I kinda was, but now its more funny than anything else, Its just laughable how little people expect they have to do to live.

I've got another video I'm gonna upload sometime about parents and how usually nobody appreciates them until they realize everything they did for us. I never understood why dad would ask me not to hold the fridge door open for half an hour... now that I pay $100 bucks for electric every month I tell people not to open the fridge until they know what they want lol

We take things for granted until we have to do them on our own. like laundry. mom did my laundry and folded it and brought it to my room. holy moly thats a lot of work! and everything dad paid for and all the work he did to get us to be able to manage money and appreciate the things we own rather than just wreck stuff, and mom and dad both taught us to respect other people and their stuff.

It dumbfounds me when I invite people over and they break my stuff. brand new clue board game and they break the weapons and bend the cards when we were out of the room. I never would have done that. especially as I got older and that means a lot.

I recorded the video the same day as this one and started editing it but haven't got it done yet. I think sometimes it would be good if kids had to do everything their parents did. Tiffs mom and dad did that for an entire summer, the girls had to do everything. cook, clean, laundry, maintain the house, go shopping with a set amount of money for the weeks food, everything except provide financially, and she says they hated it, called it the "summer of hell" but now she says it was the best thing they ever could have done, because she knows how to do all that stuff.

anyway, I've been rambling on for an awful long time now, I'll leave it at that for now :)

foxmiles

Post by foxmiles » Thu May 10, 2012 1:32 am

True, I usually get things done, though sometimes much later that I should (over 5yrs on some things).

You did learn to be MUCH more careful on gravel (as did I), I don't recall you dropping it every time we hit the stuff or ever again for that matter.

If I didn't like supper Dad would save it for my bedtime snack. I have things I prefer, but will eat almost anything in a bind. That comes in handy when someone invites me over and they make one of the few things I really don't like. I have limits though, Grandma tried escargot and said it was good. I don't care what it tastes like. If I end up literally starving to death I'll try them, short of that, I will not willingly choose to eat snails. I guess my point is (read with boring narrator voice): Deprived of a food source eventually the "video gamer" will seek one out or die. If the latter it is best not to be too concerned or try interfere, consider yourself lucky to have witnessed natural selection in action.

I thought 10 seconds was pushing it. Unless of course, they were "together" in which case different rules apply (10 min is still way too much). That would be awkward for me just seeing it, probably produce something like: "OhhhhhhhKaaaaaayyyy" and either walk away or check for signs of other zombie behavior. I've been reading the "cat manual" and I think it applies here, "when picked up and held count to 10 and then escape using whatever means necessary". The foot thing is just plain weird to me. Why would anyone even THINK that's a good idea?

I remember us talking about all the stuff Mom and Dad did. Mom did clothes and I never thought about it. I knew how to do them when I moved out, but in the first few weeks I realized how much laundry I was making, it was like 3 loads a week. I assume we all made less than that, but I'm imagining 10-14 loads a week for us. How about Dinner? I can cook, sort of, but usually I want to eat in 15 minutes and all the good stuff is frozen. So I eat spaghetti or canned soup "again". A lot of the meals we ate took hours to cook, I appreciate that a lot more now. I still like spaghetti btw, Mom made it tonight, somehow it's better when she makes it.

I love the "summer of hell", everyone should have to do that. Some people have no idea that IT NEVER ENDS!

This is getting long again, Ok one more thing:
I once helped haul away several years worth of tin cans and empty glass jars from one of dad's apartments. They bagged them up and piled them out the back door. They are RECYCLABLES! They don't have to pay to dispose of them here, just rinse them out and drop them off on the way to buy more cans and jars!
Digging with a spoon will accomplish more than leaning on a shovel.