Motovlog: Helmet Camera setup for MAXIMUM SAFETY!

Random things I may vlog about, including but not limited to Motovlogging, your results may vary, offer not valid in all states, void where prohibited.
Jarod
Site Admin

Motovlog: Helmet Camera setup for MAXIMUM SAFETY!

Post by Jarod » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:11 pm

Heres my new helmet camera setup, prevents very unsafe drag from mounting a camera on the outside of your helmet that can twist your neck and cause serious muscle cramps.
http://astore.amazon.com/trythisathome- ... TF8&node=6

Seriously though, don't try this. its a bad idea. it will quite likely result in you getting seriously hurt.

foxmiles

Re: Motovlog: Helmet Camera setup for MAXIMUM SAFETY!

Post by foxmiles » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:16 pm

What a great idea! that wind resistance / neck tension is a real killer. Especially at high speeds. I see this being big in racing circles! I think we should develop an apparatus to suspend a smartphone like that for car use too. Great for teens, no more distracted driving trying to text and drive. Keep both hands on the wheel, just type with your nose! Lost? you've got gps right in front of you. :lol:
Digging with a spoon will accomplish more than leaning on a shovel.

Jarod
Site Admin

Re: Motovlog: Helmet Camera setup for MAXIMUM SAFETY!

Post by Jarod » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:16 pm

Exactly. Nothing like riding along then suddenly your neck twists to the side uncontrollably from all the drag. That can really meas stuff up.

I figure I'm going to pick up another drift HD to replace the dead one, I've looked at the gopros and contours but they don't have the same features for the price. And then I'll go riding (in 2 feet off snow lol)