Few Circuit Ideas

Think you've got a good idea? Share it with us and it might just end up on the show!
foxmiles

Few Circuit Ideas

Post by foxmiles » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:53 am

1. Definitely do one on the LED projector retrofit.
2. Ancient tube oscilloscope capacitor replacement - I don't have the caps or a list yet
3. Using a scope to diagnose stuff - need stuff to diagnose

Need some sort of circuit board for the following, I'll show you what I built, I 'm really bad at documenting these things - It Works! It Works!, hu, probably should have taken some pics or something.
4. Build a voltage and current regulated power supply - I blew up my spare parts building mine. Mine is based on the following with a few changes. The big downside is 2.8V minimum voltage regulation, won't go to 0V. I may do a fine adjustment one someday 0-30V/0-1A.
http://electronics-diy.com/30v-10a-vari ... supply.php
5. An ESR meter - I've got most of the components.
http://ludens.cl/Electron/esr/esr.html
6. A 3 axis stepper motor driver - I think we can approximate that board somehow, just need the components.
Digging with a spoon will accomplish more than leaning on a shovel.

Tom

Re: Few Circuit Ideas

Post by Tom » Wed May 30, 2012 10:19 pm

I need to build one of those power supply's sometime, I'm trying to figure out the best way to charge a couple battery powered shavers I got at a yard sale. I believe they require 15v input, and nothing I can find puts out 15v, everything I've got is either 12 and under or 24v, nothing in between.

foxmiles

Re: Few Circuit Ideas

Post by foxmiles » Wed May 30, 2012 11:36 pm

You could try a atx bench psu build. I'd like to do some sort of a smps psu next time. I don't think you need a high amperage supply for charging your razors. You could do -12v(V-) and +3.3v(V+) for 15.3VDC. The -12v rail usually doesn't supply many amps, though that shouldn't be a problem for this use.

You could get a old laptop brick, they usually go 18-22v or so at a couple amps. Add a lm317 and a couple parts and presto! 1.25-37v Adjustable psu. Or the more complicated lm3080 (and more support circuitry) for 0-36V 0-1A psu. (max voltage both depending on input voltages).
Digging with a spoon will accomplish more than leaning on a shovel.